Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Website for Members

I will be making a motion 
at the April 13th Local #322 meeting to have a Local #322 website created.

I am making this motion because:
I think that it would be an extremely 
beneficial, timely, and efficient 
way for the local to communicate.

I think that creating this website would allow for  
more transparency within our local 
as Mr. Harry D. Melander, our Local #322 President, stated we need.

This website, I will suggest, 
will be most relevantto the members of Local #322 
and will only have user profiles to be had by members of the local.

-The following is the text of the 
motion I have created for this-

To the members of Local #322, I make the motion that the Local [#322] create a website for the sole purpose of sharing pertinent Local information with its members. This website is to contain all business/correspondence, mail, and requests. Also hosted on this site are to be copies of the E-Board meeting minutes and Local #322 Union meeting minutes-whether these minutes are approved or not. Unapproved meeting minutes of Local #322’s E-Board meetings and Union meetings are to be posted within 48 hours of the respective meeting’s adjournment. Also following the adjournment of the meeting, and subsequent vote to approve the previous meeting’s minutes, these minutes are to be stamped by the Recording Secretary as having been approved or unapproved. The business/correspondence, mail, requests, and minutes are to be posted expediently and in a pdf or Open Office format to be easily accessible by all. The Local [#322] will cover all expenses of designing and maintaining said Local #322 website.

4 comments:

  1. Hello again everyone. As more people become aware of and participate in this blog, I want you to know that I really, sincerely, want your feedback about the items I post.

    Especially concerning posts like this, I hope to hear from you.

    Once again, I will be submitting this motion [the one posted above] in writing at the April 13th meeting so that we can be sure the motion is correctly enacted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey pete, i like what i've seen so far, i think it is a great idea. cb

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks bogcrawler! i hope that the blog, the participation factor, and the information are useful to our members!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it Pete. See you tomorrow. I will be making a motion to have voting polls for ALL officer and Delegate elections to be open from 2 pm to 8 pm on the day of the vote.

    ReplyDelete