Tuesday, March 29, 2011

More Thoughts about our Constitution

Again, I was paging through our Constitution when I came upon the following items...

PAGE: 34
SECTION: B
TITLE: "Nomination, Election, and Appointment in Subordinate Bodies"
According to this section, the following are neccessities of the 

"...Business Representatives, Assistant Business Representatives, and Organizers shall be appointed by the Executive Secretary Treasurer of the Council, subject to the approval of the Executive Committee of the Council..."

In my time as a delegate I don't think we have hired any new Business Representatives or Organizers. 

Furthermore, I do not believe I have ever heard of the Executive Committee 
approving someone to be a Business Representative or Organizer. 
And that is if we had hired one. Anyone, please correct me if I am wrong.

1 comment:

  1. while I am a fan of the training program for organizers, the process of the E.S.T. having the power to appoint "subordinates" was taken away from the Council of Delegates back in 2003 I believe due to a ram-jam "call the question" when we voted to revamp our by-laws to align with the Internationals' by-laws. At that meeting the Council of Delegates unknowingly declawed itself, much to the disgust of the 87 delegation, of which, I was a seated alternate. YA!

    ReplyDelete