Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Time & Date of Next Local #322 Meeting

3.23.11.

Hello friends. I hope everyone is enjoying this late spring snow storm!

So last night, after a day of work at The Pier House in Minneapolis, I stopped by 730 Olive Street to speak with Rick Peterson. After kabbitzing with Rick for awhile our conversation turned toward the reason I'd stopped in, to find out the date and time of our new #322 union meetings. Rick told me that the next meeting of Local #322 will happen on Wednesday, April 13th at 7:30 pm. This 7:30 pm meeting is to be held at 730 Olive Street. After hearing this I told Rick that 7:30 pm was not the time that was recommended by the members at the last meeting. The members had requested the meeting take place at 6 pm on any Wednesday during the month[s]. Rick went on to me that the time and date of the Local #322 meetings would be decided by the Executive Board [E-Board]. 

After hearing this, I reminded Rick that any motion that is seconded and passed on the floor of a Local #322 meeting will supersede a decision made by the E-Board and cannot be rescinded by them

I strongly recommended to Rick Peterson, Burt [the lawyer], and Jake Rogers, that the E-Board take the local's request for 6 pm Wednesday meetings to heart. "There will be an uprising if they do not take our request seriously," I told Rick. [I was only partially kidding when I told him this.] 

I guess we will see what happens.

2 comments:

  1. I think we need to put a time into a motion clearly they are not capable of paying attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps a typed motion? Something physical that they can hold onto might be the way to go.

    ReplyDelete