Tuesday, April 26, 2011

#2-John Swanson Letter [Response from Jim Moore 3.31.11.]

The second letter exchanged is here. 
Read the letter below by expanding the image,
or visit the link, or read the text version. 
All are posted below.

What do you think of it folks?

LINK:

TEXT:
 John H. Swanson
6971 Claude Ave E
Inver Grove Heights, MN 55076

Dear Brother Swanson,
I have received copies of your correspondence to North Central States Regional Council of
Carpenters Local Unions regarding myself and Thomas Tinglov. You have mischaracterized Brother
Tinglov and me.

First, I do return your phone calls. I may not be immediately available to you when you call.
However, I have always returned your phone calls on a timely basis.

Your most recent accusations about me not returning your call is another absolute mistruth. My
secretary Brenda called and left a message on your voicemail as you have never answered or
returned a call from me. Brenda’s message to you was, “Jim is returning your call, so please try
calling him back to talk to him when he is available.” Now I know that probably doesn’t sit well with
you, but you should try to understand that with over 20,000 members, 7 pension plans, 6 health
funds, 4 education plans, 66 contracts of which 8 are expiring April 30, 2011 and two on May 31,
2011, I am quite busy.

In 2009, at a Local Union 87 meeting you raised a concern about a Council expenditure. I invited you
to meet with me at the St. Paul office and you never showed up.
Most all Regional Council staff are upset about you calling them. I’m particularly upset about you
calling them all for yet another “Wild Goose Chase” as your mode of operation seems to be to call
someone about an issue unrelated to contracts, benefits, or Council business and when you don’t
get the answer you want you call someone else and then someone else and then someone else. Like
I said before, quit wasting staff’s time. If you have a legitimate issue, call me.

This letter is a waste of my time and all the members time and it will be my last! A copy of this letter
is going to every Council Local Union. I only suggest that, because of the mischaracterizations and
untruths should not be shared at Local Union meetings which have real concerns regarding our
industry, our trade, and the members’ livelihood. I would hope that all Local Unions take your
dictatorial letter and shred it prior to reading or distributing it!

Contrary to your letter’s accusations, Brother Tinglov is doing a tremendous job for all members.
Your letter portrays him as avoiding a discussion with his legislator at the Minnesota Legislative
Conference, which is untrue. Brother Tinglov has a close relationship with his local State
Representative. Had you listened to Brother Tinglov rather than inappropriately screaming at him,
you would know that Tom had recently discussed carpenter issues, such as the Vikings Stadium,
MOA Phase II, etc. and wanted to give other members a chance to meet with your legislators.
In economic times such as these, our resources are too valuable to spend them recklessly
performing tasks that do not train one carpenter, organize one contractor, or start one badly needed
construction project.
 
Fraternally,
James E. Moore
Executive Secretary-Treasurer
North Central States Regional Council of Carpenters


IMAGE:
Response From Jim Moore-3.31.11.

No comments:

Post a Comment